Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman today introduced the Union Budget 2022 in the second year of the COVID-19 pandemic.
"We strive to provide necessary ecosystem for middle class. This Budget hopes to lay the foundation for Amrit Kal from India at 75 to India at 100,â€ Ms Sitharaman said today.
This was additionally the 6th Budget meeting to be held since the flare-up of the pandemic in January 2020. The public authority kept personal assessment chunks unaltered. Among the enormous declarations incorporate a 30 percent tax on move of digital assets.
New digital rupee utilizing blockchain innovation will likewise be presented by the Reserve Bank of India, or RBI, this monetary. The Union Budget 2022 likewise arrives in a month when assembly elections will be held in five states.
- Centre announces introduction of digital rupee using blockchain and other technology, to be issued by Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
- The National Highway network will be expanded by 25,000 km in 2022-23
- Railways will develop efficient logistics for small farmers and enterprises
- Use of Kisan Drones for crop assessments, land records, spraying of insecticides is expected to drive a wave of technology in agriculture and farming sector
- For mental health counselling due to the repercussions of the pandemic, a National Tele Mental Health Programme will be launched
- In 2022-23, 80 lakh houses will be completed for identified beneficiaries of the PM Awas Yojana
- ePassports will be rolled out in 2022-23 for convenience in overseas travel